1. Why should I avoid dairy?
2. Why cook with coconut oil or rapeseed oil and not any other oil?
a. These oils have a higher burning point than other oils and do not produce chemical compounds that wreak havoc with our bodies.
3. Why do you suggest initially snacking between meals?
a. Healthy snacking improves your overall health, and prevents you from over eating by curbing cravings. By eating healthy snacks you regulate your mood, boost your brain power and most importantly get energy to keep going all day. Our stomachs are like Furnaces that need to be fuelled every 2.5–3 hours to keep the metabolism going and too achieve all of the above. Think of it as keeping the fire fuelled all day long.
4. Should I juice my fruit and vegetables?
a. I believe in everything in moderation. On my plan, we will have green based smoothies as I want your body to get the fibre from the fruit and vegetables.
5. Why drink so much water on your plan?
a. Water hydrates and two thirds of our bodies are made of water. It supports all of our bodily functions. Drinking water increases the number of calories that we burn. Most times when we are hungry it is actual dehydration so before each meal have a glass of water.
6. Can I still have my tea and coffee?
a. Yes you can but in moderation.
7. Why do we always have a protein and carb for our snacks?
a. Nearly everything we eat contains sugar. Even fruit has natural occurring sugars that if eaten in excess will lead to weight gain. That is why we add protein with our fruit on The Queen of Health’s FAQs Body Beautiful 118 the plan to stabilise blood sugar levels and ensure that our snacks get us through to the next meal without a crash.
8. What spices can I add to my plan to boost my metabolism?
a. Cayenne pepper is amazing for this and also improves blood circulation.
9. What spices can help regulate my sugar cravings?
a. Cinnamon and this is great sprinkled over your oats in the morning.
10. What can brighten my complexion?
a. Turmeric, this is a fab spice and can be added to curries and soups.
11. What can I take to increase the nutrient absorption from my foods?
a. Probiotics, we have loads of bacteria in our guts both good and bad and we need to ensure that we have the best type of bacteria here to ensure good health. If we have too much of the bad ones we can develop dieases, yeast infections and parasites. High fat and sugar diets can disrupt the bacteria in our guts so taking a probiotic daily can keep everything ticking over nicely.
12. I have dry skin what foods are good to nourish my body?
a. Almonds, chia seeds, avocados, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds,hemp seeds and walnuts are a few.
13. Why drink warm water and lemon in the morning?
a. It will help kick start the digestion process for the day. There are many health benefits to drinking water and lemon it has a strong antibacterial, antiviral, and immune-boosting effect on the body. It aids weight loss because lemon juice is a digestive aid and liver cleanser. Lemons contain citric The Queen of Health’s FAQs Body Beautiful 119 acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, pectin, and limonene–that promote immunity and fight infection.
14. Why protein and carbs together, carbs are bad right?
a. Protein and carbohydrates work together to keep your body healthy and functioning. Carbs give you energy, while protein builds muscles, skin, and hair. Both are needed to stabilise blood sugar and are best when eaten together. Simply put, without carbs, your body would not be able to function.